Cell phones, cordless telephones, cell towers, Wi Fi, laptop computers, iPads, baby monitors, routers, smart meters, wireless GPS tracking systems with instant updates, Bluetooth, hair dryers, and wireless console games all emit pulsed microwave radiation, one type of EMF radiation.
Pulsed microwave radiation has been shown to 1) damage DNA. 2) It can breach the blood brain barrier allowing more toxins into the brain. 3) It alters hormone levels by increasing cortisol and decreasing melatonin, thereby disrupting sleep and circadian rhythms. 4) Dr Dietrich Klinghardt showed mold and candida biotoxins increased > 600 times when exposed to radiation from a cell phone tower.
On May 31, 2011 the World Health Organization’s International Agency for Research on Cancer classified the EMF radiation from cell phones as Class 2B, possibly carcinogenic to humans. Studies have shown an increased risk for glioma brain cancer associated with cell phone use. The cancer occurs on the same side of the brain as the cell phone use. In addition, there has been an increase in breast cancer among young woman who carry their phone in their bra. The cancer occurs on the side the phone is carried.
EMF slows down the growth rate of our good bacteria. EMF radiation has been shown to cause leaky gut and may be one reason for the autoimmune disease explosion.
Cell phones have been associated with infertility. Sperm can be damaged by men carrying cell phones in their pants pockets. Gandi and Kang in 2002 showed that phones carried in the shirt or pants pocket have SAR (Specific Absorptions Rate) values 4-8 times higher than when held next to the head.
Everyone is being involuntarily exposed 24/7 to EMF radiation, including infants and even fetuses in the womb. Children absorb two to three times more cell phone radiation to their heads and up to 10-times more in their bone marrow when compared to adults.
Currently the FCC requires each cell phone manufacture to provide SAR information regarding their phones. Of note the Apple iPhone 4 instruction manual’s fine print reads: “iPhone’s SAR measurement may exceed FCC exposure guidelines for bodily worn operation if positioned less than 15 mm (5/8 inch) from the body.” SAR is the rate at which body tissues absorb radiation during cell phone use. The current cell phone certification process uses a plastic mannequin with the head size of a 6ft man that is filled with liquid. This assumes all tissues in the head are identical. A robot positions a sensor within the liquid and calculates the maximum SAR of the microwave radiation being emitted from the phone. The FCC exposure limit is SAR=1.6 Watts/kg of tissue. The intent was to protect everyone, “from the small infant to large adult,” but the FCC exposure limit really only protects large adult males. There are no children or woman’s model with a smaller head that is tested. Most importantly there has been no change in these standards since 1991 (27 years ago) when the assumed length of a call was 6 minutes!
To Reduce Health Risks from EMF
- Children should only use cell phones next to their heads for emergencies. Children’s skulls are thinner than adults’ and their brains are still developing. Radiation from cell phones can penetrate more deeply into their brains and cause more damage. Texting (with the phone away from the body) is better than calling for both children and adults.
- While talking on your cell phone, try to keep the cell phone away from your body as much as possible. EMF radiation decreases the further it is away from you. It is 1/4 the strength at 2”and 1/50 the strength at 3ft. When possible, use speaker phone mode or an air-tube headset.
- Avoid using your cell phone when the signal is weak or when moving at high speed, such as in a car, train, or elevator. This automatically increases the EMF power to the maximum as the phone repeatedly attempts to connect to a new relay antenna.
- Avoid carrying your cell phone on your body. Do not keep it or a computer near your body at night such as under the pillow or on a bedside table, particularly if pregnant. If you do, put it on “flight” or “off-line” mode, which stops electromagnetic emissions. Do not carry it in your bra.
- If you must carry your cell phone on you, make sure that the keypad is positioned toward your body and the back is positioned toward the outside so that the transmitted electromagnetic fields move away from you rather than through you.
- Only use your cell phone to establish contact or for conversations lasting a few minutes, as the biological effects are directly related to the duration of exposure. For longer conversations, use a land line with a corded phone, not a cordless phone.
- Switch sides regularly while talking on cell phone to spread out your exposure. Before putting your cell phone to the ear, wait until your correspondent has picked up. This limits the power of the EMF emitted near your ear. Turn Bluetooth off when not in use.
- Avoid using your cell phone in places like a bus, where you can passively expose others to your phone’s electromagnetic fields.
- Choose a device with the lowest SAR possible
- Avoid cordless phones, especially where you sleep.
- Whenever possible, connect to the Internet with wired cables.
- When using Wi-Fi, connect only to download; then disconnect.
- Avoid prolonged or direct exposure to Wi-Fi routers. Unplug your home Wi-Fi router when not in use (like at bedtime).
- Sleep as far away from wireless utility meters (“smart” meters) as possible.
- Don’t rest your laptop or cell phone on your lap when texting, typing, or playing video games.